How A Real Estate Transaction Coordinator Built Her Own Business
1. Be yourself – but introduce yourself and tell us who you are right away. Show us the fun personality.
I'm married with 3 kids living out my rural life dream in Boxford, MA! I am a loyal, funny, kind, and introverted individual who splits time between loving the social side of life and loving curling up at home alone with a good book and just my dogs. I was born in CT, moved to CA when I was 2, lived in Orange County for 35 years, moved to Charlotte, NC, and lived there for 7 years, and have been in MA ever since. Full circle!
2. Are you married? Do you have children? How many? Boy / Girl / both? If no children, pets?
Married to Mike for 25 years, three children - Cole (23) who is a US Army veteran, Kenna (20) a full-time nanny, and Maegan (18) who is becoming a licensed esthetician. Two labs (George, chocolate and Dixie, black) and two cats (Charlie and Winston)...phew!!
3. What do you do for work? How long have you been doing it?
I own an independent real estate transaction coordination company, Precision Transactions, LLC. We have been in business for 3 years. I've been a real estate transaction coordinator since 2001 in California, North Carolina, and now in New England. I started in real estate in 1991 at the age of 21.
4. How did you get into the industry?
My grandfather was a real estate agent and would bring me into his office where I loved looking at the houses and playing with is paperwork (I have loved paperwork since birth!). My first job was as a clear for an apartment property management company and from there I jumped into commercial and industrial property management before making the shift to residential for the flexibility when I had children.
5. What sets you apart from your competition?
My excellent customer service skills, my genuine desire to have everything go smoothly and accurately, and I have extensive knowledge of the real estate market from years of observing and being exposed to so many different scenarios - not something that is easy to replicate.
6. What are your passions, accomplishments, talent and/or hobbies?
I am very passionate about growing my business and supporting my team members in what their goals are. For too long, real estate admin support has played a back seat and the spotlight deserves to be shined on them and the tireless support they provide. I'm also very passionate about supporting our military. I volunteer for the USO here in New England and think every member of the military deserves 100% unconditional support. Hobbies would include travel, reading, and watching sports.
7. List three interesting facts about yourself.
1. My husband calls me the Queen of Irrelevant Knowledge - I'm great at trivia!
2. I've lived in three states in three distinct areas of the country which provides great perspective (Southwest, Southeast and Northeast - I'm NOT moving to the Northwest to round it out!)
3. I am a huge history buff and really enjoy the Civil War era.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
Traveling to Singapore and Thailand, being able to meet Mike Trout (Angels) or Patrice Bergeron (Bruins), growing my business, selling it and retire into the sunset with no worries.
9. What do you do in your spare time?
I travel at every opportunity I can take, I love to read, and am a reality show junkie - if it's on Bravo then I'm watching it!